Friday, September 9, 2011

Date Night in Westport

As all the hipsters line up for the Bon Iver show in our front yard Matt and I walked down to Westport for date night.

We headed down to The Thai Place for something new. I've only ever been there once and I'm pretty sure I ordered fried rice (yea... I know). We got Calamari for an app because Matt really can't resist it. I got a ginger chicken stiry fry and Matt got a salad that had mint, cabbage, minced meat and some sort of seed or nut thing, we couldn't figure out what! We both got the medium level spice but I think mine was hotter! I should have gotten the mild because it was really too much for me. Oh well!

The Westport art fair was going on but we didn't look at many tents because it was pretty crowded. After all that spice we needed something to calm the stomach so we headed over to Tea Drops. When I explain this tea shop to people I say it really is like a Coffee shop, but with tea instead. Instead of french presses and specilatly beans in addition to lattes, americanos, etc. they have a variety of loose leaf  teas and brewers in addition to teas (with or without bubbles) in all varieties. Matt got a coconut almond blended bubble tea and I got an peach almond over ice. It was perfect after such an intense heat from dinner.

We took our teas over to World Market because Matt hasn't ever been there! And its been quite a while since I'd been. I remembered it was a great place to go look around, and a great place to buy gifts. I was very tempted by the table linens,especially this paisley print table runner but I resisted! I will definitely go back there for other household things. They had some super cute lamp shades as well as decently priced furniture. I can't wait to do some Christmas shopping there!

After that we walked over to Gomers, the best place ever for boooooze. Their selection is great. They had some wine on sale for cheap (SCORE!) but also had high end wines.  I got a Moscato I've never had, but I was debating with a Reisling. I think I've lost my taste for Moscato lately, its just been too sweet for me. I like a more balanced Reisling (Chateau St. Michelle is a favorite) and I think I will go for that next time. Matt got a beer called La Terrible. Thats right-Terrible Beer. I thought it was pretty cute and he liked it a lot.

And by 10 o'clock we're home watching the Mizzou Arizona State. I feel so lame! For whatever reason if you have ATT interwebs, you can stream ESPN on Xbox live, so we get the game. Its a plus, but I still think its weird, who knows. This weekend we get to move all of our shit back into our kitchen and I'm hoping to spruce up the guest room to prepare for Katie and Stephanie to come stay with us this week for Kelly's surgery.

Hope your weekend is filled with good food, friends, wine!

Also:
 Matt asked me "aren't there rules against blogging and drinking wine?" I said "No! There are rules for it!"
mareed lyfe 4evah

No comments:

Post a Comment