Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Has it really only been a month?

So I think its time for an update...

We have been in Kansas City for about a month now and it feels like two.
For real, we were so busy the first few weeks!

Of course there was unpacking...




And then some drinks


And then a wedding! Where we had so much fun I only took two pictures!


Then I had some unexpected oral surgery.... not to worry Matt is a very caring nurse, you know, one who takes pictures of me while on pain medicine...


we went to a chiefs game! It was my first, and this guy ruined it... well at least the Riesling balanced his awful jersey



thank goodness he had me and Brandon protecting him before the game (not much was needed after)


it was a good excuse to make BROOOOOWNIES



Matt started grad school! Its very daunting...




The biggest thing so far this month though has been Kelly! She has had lots of doctors appointments and is needing increasingly more care. We are maintaing her for only a little while longer!

It all started when Logan cut her hair



Then we made her a lovely styrofoam headboard so she wouldn't crack her head open on the brick wall. This we had to cut into pieces-on the floor at Home Depot-just to get it in the car. Then we had to tape all four pieces back together again. And ofcourse Kelly has only purple, teal, and white duct tape!


A few days later her movements got pretty bad and we visited the lovely staff at KU Med. She was excited about the antislip socks... I'm so glad they match the socks with the fall risk bracelet, it really finishes the outfit.



She is doing alright and is out of the hospital now, just on very very very stout pain medicine and muscle relaxer. Surgery that was scheduled for October was moved up to next week because of the unusually fast paced progression she has been experiencing lately. 

In other news, I've become obsessed with interior design (you would not believe the length of my blog roll-just ask Matt!) So of course I had to go to the one and only Old Time Pottery. I could have died in there (I had gone to Home Goods the previous day and was hoping for this nirvanic feeling but sadly, it did not come).

There is lots more that we have done lately, but this is already a long post-even though its mostly pictures! Anyway, I want to get back to blogging more often now that I'm done with school and our summer of insanity is over..cause oh yea we had our reception since the last time I posted! Hahaha. Wow. Okay, I'll get back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment