Thursday, September 8, 2011

OTP + FOOD + Currently Obsessed

So yesterday I mentioned that I went to Old Time Pottery. It was amazing. It was what I was craving when I drove 30 minutes to Olathe to go to Home Goods and was majorly disappointed (except in the lamp & bedding section).=-0p]

OTP is where its at. I spent hours going up and down every single isle, some of them multiple times. 

I was surprised to find they had fabric there. 

I really liked this one, but I really don't need 4 yards of it..


I lurv this one too. I ended up buying it for Mom. She wants to reupholster her dining room chairs and has a gray/yellow/black color scheme. I emailed her the pic and she loved it! I will have to show you the end result! There is also 4 yards of this baby, so hopefully there will be enough left over to cover a few pillows on our yellow bed!


I also fell in love with this lamp! But I don't know who in their right mind put that lamp shade on it.. Its hideous. But I love the base! I want it for the living room that has navy/coral/gold going on.



Over the last month or so, we have also been cooking....a lot. Matt tends to make breakfast every morning and I tend to cook lunch or dinner.

Tilapia, brown rice and veggies

brownies, with or without walnuts 

garlic basil tilapia with buttered and grilled squash & zucchini

eggs, bacon, tomatoes, and avocados!

this amazing taco salad with beef, avocados, black beans, tomatos, onions, cheese, salsa and cottage cheese in place of sour cream. It was really tasty! I had never really tried the cottage cheese/sour cream thing but it was great!


making use of the new blender with berry banana smoothies with greek yogurt and a touch of honey


and all this was made possible by our little trip to costco. We picked up a few very large bags of brocoli, mied berries, and veggies. We had a big ole bag of tilapia filets also, so we've been eating a lot of that. Oh and you should see how much canned tuna we have. Its ungodly.  Also tried out canned Salmon for the first time...it was pretty tasty!


Yesterday our property mgmt company kindly let us know that they would be spraying for bugs in the kitchen today. thanks for the 12 hour notice jerks. So after spending the five hours at KU Med for Kelly's MRI, we had to move everything out of our kitchen-and if you know how I bake an cook, you know that is a lot of stuff! I was pretty irritated.

But anyway, the second bedroom/office area became a temporary kitchen. I didn't even try to make myself breakfast this morning.




Now that I've gone over the last month of my life in two short posts, you've been caught up!



I'm currently obsessed with this song:


sung by this man:

a part of this wonderful band that I'm without a doubt obsessed with:

Against Me!


No comments:

Post a Comment